Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Random Post about Shoes and Purses


I'm back.  I took a break.  Blogging is hard if you have Can't Stop Editing Syndrome.

I'll be posting again with some new stories from old clients and cases in the next few days.

In the meantime, some fun!

First, shoes that are fabulous. Fall is here (even if it is in the 90's in NW Florida), and every Fall I want accessories and clothes in deep purple, aubergine, eggplant.  This year is no different.

These basic pumps by Louboutin are a great not too dark purple.  LOVE.

Valentino started a collection called Rockstud in 2011.  At first the collection was only for purses, but it has expanded to clothes and yes, shoes.  My favorites are the kitten heel (I can't believe I wrote that).






 Then there's the flat, which is also fabulous.








Lastly, the line also includes the Avoto in Nude.  Gorgeous.



Second, purses.  I have been obsessed with Furla's Candy Bags all summer long.  Maybe it is because I was a teen in the 80's.



I love the cielo blue and the purple.  The transparency of the blue (and most of the light colors) is actually fun. The purse is made completely of PVC rubber.  It is a little heavy, but I've had leather bags that were way worse. They're pretty indestructible too (except for dyes).


There are full size and mini versions.  I prefer the full size bag, called the Bauletto Satchel.  The darker colors are less transparent, more opaque but still very pretty.  The purple matches those Louboutins, doesn't it? Hmmm.

This bag is not for an introvert, as you will be stopped multiple times a day by total strangers to ask about the bag. It is also the most money I have ever spent on a purse ($250). These bags are not cheap, but I have enjoyed both immensely.  If you can manage not to permanently track dye onto the PVC (like I did to the blue one), the resale value on EBay is ridiculous.  I've seen the purse go for more on EBay than you can buy a new one online from a retailer like Macy's.  Go figure.

So I hope you enjoyed the pictures.  I'll be back later this week with a new story and a more serious, lawyerly topic.  For now, have a great week.

Julie




Copyright 2013 Julie Ann Sombathy All Rights Reserved